There are many ways to get here and each depends on how much time you want to take.
- Quimper has a train station is a 1/2 hour drive from Douarnenez. From there you can either rent a car or catch a bus.
- It is also possible to take the train to Brest which is only 45 minutes from Douarnenez.
- Fares vary greatly from 35 to 140 Euros each way depending on the time of booking and the days selected. The fare sales open up 92 days before the trip date and there are often a limited number of seats on special for those that book early. So plan to purchase your tickets three months before your trip.
- From Roissy Charles De Gaule Airport you can expect to drive 612km which will take about 6.5hours and cost approximately 28 Euros in tolls and 60 euros in fuel.
- From Orly airport the trip is only 580km and should take approximately 5.5 hours.
By foot or Bicycle:
- If you are looking for some exercise you can also take the beautiful 22km gravel path on foot or by bicycle from Quimper to Douarnenez that follows the rail bed of the now decommissioned train line. Expect to take about 1 1/2 hour by bicycle or 4-5 hours on foot.
- Quimper Airport has daily flights from Paris year round and from London from May to September and Madrid from April to October.
- Brest Airport serves, more cities in the UK, France and abroad.
- From the UK there are ferries from Plymouth, Poole and Portsmouth to Cherbourg, Saint Malo and Roscoff on the north coast of Brittany and Normandy.